Friday, August 22, 2014

Acupuncture

Acupuncture
Duties and Responsibilities:
Acupuncture is the stimulation of specific acupuncture points along the skin of the body involving various methods such as penetration by thin needles or the application of heat, pressure, or laser light. It is a form of complementary and alternative medicine and a key component of traditional Chinese medicine.
Salary:
$75,000-$80,000
Education:
Acupuncturist licenses are state administered but most states use the NCCAOM exams. For certification, NCCAOM requires graduation from an ACAOM-accredited program, transcripts and an examination.



Reflection:

wouldn't want to become an acupuncturist because it doesn't really seem like the type of job for me. I wouldn't feel right poking people and sticking needles into them. Needles already freak me out and I wouldn't want to poke someone because I would feel like I’m going to insert the needle to deep or hurt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment